With the CirrusGrid PaaS intuitive UI, you can quickly deploy your applications to the cloud platform without a necessity to perform any complex configurations.
This guide shows some of the basic steps required to get started with the platform:
In order to start working with CirrusGrid, you need the appropriate account. So, if you don’t have one yet, register a new one via https://app.qloud.asia or Qloud website.
After sign up, you will receive a confirmation email, so just follow the provided instructions (additional verification via captcha or SMS may be required).
Note: The account activation link within the email is valid for 24 hours (may vary based on the particular hosting provider settings). If expired, please register anew.
Access particular platform via https://app.qloud.asia or Qloud website.
1. Click on the Signup option.
That’s it, CirrusGrid PaaS will automatically send the confirmation email to you.
When you access the CirrusGrid dashboard for the first time, a short tutorial (can be manually called via the Help > Tutorial option) will be automatically started. It provides you with a quick platform overview and a step-by-step walkthrough for your first environment creation and application deployment. Follow these tips or skip the tutorial and use the steps described below:
You can access CirrusGrid Marketplace directly from the dashboard to install various popular solutions in one click.
1. Click the Marketplace button at the top of the dashboard.
2. Find the required solution within the categorised list to the left or using the search field at the top.
Hover over the application plank and click the Install button.
3. Configure installation preferences (e.g. environment name, alias, region, etc) and click Install one more time.
All the further steps will be performed automatically by the platform, i.e. an environment with the required topology creation, the appropriate application deployment, the required dependencies installation, connections (e.g. with a database) and configs setting.
So, in just a few minutes, you’ll get ready-to-work application.
In case you want to deploy any custom application and manually control the deployment process on each particular stage, follow the next steps:
1. Click the New Environment button in the upper-left corner of the dashboard.
2. The Topology Wizard will be opened, where you can set up your environment. Among the central platform features configurable via this form, there are:
For now, let’s Create just a single Tomcat application server.
3. In a minute, your environment will appear on the dashboard.
4. CirrusGrid supports multiple ways of automatic application deployment so that you can select the most suitable option. For this example, we’ll show the deployment of a default Hello World application from the archive in the deployment manager (located at the bottom of the dashboard).
Note: You can easily add your applications to the Deployment Manager by uploading archive (either from local machine or via URL) or adding the appropriate Git/SVN repository.
Hover over the project and click the Deploy to button.
5. Within the opened Deploy frame, just select your Environment and proceed with the Deploy button.
6. Wait for the successful deployment pop-up and click Open in Browser to ensure everything works fine.
Herewith, if your application requires some additional settings or don’t have a web interface, do not hesitate to use various in-build configuration tools.
That’s all! Enjoy using CirrusGrid PaaS!
Powered by BetterDocs
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.