Setting new environment group involves creation of a special tag, that subsequently can be attached to the required environment to logically mark it within the dashboard. You can use any naming paradigm that would be convenient for you – for example, if having development, testing, and production versions of a project, you can apply such tags to the corresponding environments to easily separate them.
So, to quickly create an environment group with only a few minutes notice, follow the next steps.
1. Open your CirrusGrid dashboard and click the “+” (Create New) button within the Env Groups panel at the top.
Specify the following data in order to create a new group:
- Name – type a name for your group (any letters, numbers and special characters can be used including space)
- Parent Group – optionally, specify nesting for the currently created group to be included to another one as a subgroup
- Environments – select environments that should belong to the group; however, it can be created empty and filled up with environments later on
Once you are finished, click Add.
3. The newly created group will be automatically selected and displayed as a new element on the top Env Groups navigation panel. The list of shown environments will be also filtered correspondingly.