The LiteSpeed Web Server is a high performance and low memory consumption PHP web server with high scalability. It is built based on the best practices of the PHP hosting, utilizing the benefits of both Apache and NGINX implementations, and integrating its own optimizations.
The feature-rich structure of the LiteSpeed application server includes the following specifics:
- an event-driven architecture (like NGINX) consumes fewer resources than Apache process-based model, ensuring better performance with minimum memory and CPU usage
- full compatibility with commonly used Apache features including mod_rewrite, .htaccess, and mod_security
- individual optimization for the most popular hosting platforms (e.g. WordPress, Magento, Drupal, Joomla, etc.)
- support of the caching plugins, cutting-edge anti-DDoS features, built-in WAF security, etc.
The creation of a new LiteSpeed Web Server instance in the CirrusGrid PaaS is straightforward.
1. Log in to the dashboard and click the New Environment button at the top of the page.
2. Within the opened topology wizard, switch to the PHP engine tab and choose LiteSpeed Web Server as your application server.
Configure any other required parameters (cloudlets, disk space, regions, etc.) and proceed with the Create button.
3. After creation, you can view the default phpinfo data on the server by clicking Open in Browser next to your LiteSpeed server:
4. To start managing the server, access the Admin Panel with the appropriate button in the Additionally list next to the layer (access credentials are sent via email after the node creation).
Specifically for CirrusGrid PaaS, there was created a more flexible pricing model for LiteSpeed servers that suits dynamic cloud environments. You can start with free licenses using up to 2 GB per environment. Then the price will depend on the tiers according to the RAM usage.