Apache TomEE is an enterprise-ready Java server, created based on Apache Tomcat with the implementation of the EE features. The extended comparison of the supported functionality is provided on the official documentation page.
CirrusGrid PaaS provides three different distributions of TomEE:
- Web Profile – delivers Servlets, JSP, JSF, JTA, JPA, CDI, Bean Validation and EJB Lite
- Plus – contains all technologies in the Web Profile, JAX-RS, plus EJB Full, Java EE Connector Architecture, JMS and JAX-WS
- Plume – supports all in the Plus profile, includes Mojarra and EclipseLink
TomEE application server runs without any additional runtime requirements or startup time for larger applications and is compatible with most of the Tomcat-aware and Tomcat-tested tools. Below, we’ll describe how to get Apache TomEE up and running in CirrusGrid PaaS.
1. Log into the CirrusGrid dashboard and click the New Environment button.
2. In the topology wizard dialog, select TomEE as your application server (on the Java tab). If needed, configure node scaling (both horizontal and vertical), Public IPs, environment name and click Create.
3. Your new environment with the Apache TomEE Java application server will be created in a minute.
Click the Open in Browser button next to access server’s default page.
Now, you can proceed to the application deployment.