This Pandemic has shown how important is IT to an organization, especially with the help of MSP. The transformation and technology capability to be able to work remotely became the essence of business continuity. However, security becomes another challenge for the business owner.
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis, we have been working very closely with our customers by listening to their challenges and provided many solutions regardless of technology, consultations, and knowledge. Although many organizations have their BCP (Business Continuity Planning) and DR (Disaster Recovery) in place, the effectiveness is somewhat unpredictable when it comes to reality. This brings a real test whether all the contingency plans working accordingly to justify the investment from the business perspectives.
Challenges and Findings
- 75% of the organization allows the employee to work from home at least once a week.
- Most of our clients have less than 12 hours to prepare and roll out Remote Working capabilities to workers when the government declares a state of emergency or partial lockdown.
- More than 50% of the organization does not have a Business Continuity Plan ready for a pandemic.
- 60% of Remote Working tools are insecure and putting company data at high risk.
- Employees copy data into a flash drive, personal computers and shared without any forms of protection or encryption.
- IT security controls become weaker for remote workers.
What We Do? (from response to recovery)
- The Right Technology – being able to work remotely requires the right tools and connectivity to make communications with coworkers and clients easier. Our job is to help IT to reassess their network readiness, including VPN, Remote Workspace, ISP, EMM, as well as eliminating possible security risks. Propose the right remediation and upgrades if needed.
- Knowledge Sharing – Many organizations we have seen wasted too much time and money investing in the wrong solutions. Therefore, unable to support the business functions. We always believed that true reliable VAR / MSP could tell their clients the right thing to invest. We often provide training, knowledge base materials, and even free consultations to our clients, which is familiar to us but deemed valuable for them.
- Support – more and more SMEs are heading to MSP because they know paying for reactive break/fix contractual support does not bring the best ROI. IT vendors are not supposed to make money when the customer is down but instead offers effective long-term solutions to support our customers’ businesses by keeping them online and lets be profitable together. We see our customers as a partner.
Why next-gen MSP matter in Pandemic?
Qloud MSP is a next-gen MSP that focused on bringing more value to your business with practical solutions capable of supporting the adoption of the hybrid workforce approach in the future.